What Information We Collect
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Website.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Website.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Website, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Website.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to provide you with convenient access to our products and services, to give you superior customer service and to improve what we offer to you. In addition, we use your personal information to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and other information we think you'd like to hear about. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies about products and services that can add value to your Jarvis products. From time to time, we may also use your personal information to contact you to participate in a market research survey so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better products.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information about you in several ways. For example, we might ask for your contact information when you correspond with us, call us to make a purchase or request service, sign up for a free version, register to attend a seminar, or participate in a contest or survey. In addition, when you request product information or register a new Jarvis product, we collect and store the information you provide in a secure database.
The Jarvis cloud services websites use authentication cookies to store current session information about your account in an encrypted form. Your browser must accept cookies to be able to log into our cloud services websites.
In some of our email to you, we use a "click-through URL". When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the website that is your destination. We track click-throughs to help us determine your interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
Credit Card Information
You are never required to enter your credit card information until you decide to license your free trial version. For cloud services accounts, we do not retain your credit card information on any of our servers, we use a third¬ party merchant bank to manage credit card processing for our cloud services accounts. This third party is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of processing your credit card for your Jarvis cloud services account.
Sharing of Personal Information
In general we do not disclose your personal information to third parties outside of Jarvis. However, we may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Jarvis works with other companies that help us provide our products and services to you, and we may provide your personal information to these companies for the limited purpose of providing services to you. For example, we give shipping companies this information so they can deliver your products efficiently. The information they receive is for shipping and delivery purposes only. We require that the companies safeguard your personal information in accordance with Jarvis’ policies.
- If you purchase a third party product from us, we may provide your contact information to the developers of that product so that they can notify you of updates and upgrades to that third party product.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws. The use or disclosure will be made in compliance with the law and will be limited to the relevant requirements of the law. You will be notified, as required by law, of any such uses or disclosures.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, in the course of any judicial or administrative proceeding or investigation, in response to an order of a court or administrative tribunal (to the extent such disclosure is expressly authorized), and in certain conditions in response to a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process or request.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Jarvis safeguards the security of your information with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. All of your information is treated as “restricted”. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Our employees must use password¬ protected accounts to access customer information. All employees are kept up-to-¬date on our security and privacy practices.
All data transmitted to and from our cloud services uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. This protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Our cloud services are hosted on LAMP in secure Amazon Web Services Data Centers located in the continental USA. The data centers are ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certified, SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 audited and meets the standards for HIPPA and the HITECH Act. However, regardless of where the storage and processing occur, we take all appropriate steps to ensure that your information is protected. Please be aware that despite these measures we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will never be able to defeat our security measures.
Your Consent to and Choices about Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
Your access to some of our services and content may be password protected. We recommend that you change your password regularly and refrain from disclosing your username and password to anyone. We also recommend that you sign out of your account after each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have completed your work, especially if you are using a shared resource like a computer in a public place such as an Internet café or library.
In providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to us dealing with that information in the manner described in this statement. For example, if you give us your fax number or email address, you are consenting to us contacting you by fax or email.
It is your choice whether you wish us to continue to contact you through the use of your personal information. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications if you want, at any time. Specific communications (such as the newsletter) usually contain instructions on them for how to opt out of receiving them, or you can call us at (888) 366-7726 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discontinue all communications of the type included in your request within 21 days of receiving such a request. However, please note that any election not to receive future communications applies only to marketing or promotional messages. We may still send you relationship or transactional messages in order to notify you of important product issues and updates, for the renewal of existing subscription services, to resolve specific questions or requests made by you via phone, email or the web and in response to any activity completed on our web site, including but not limited to, registration, ordering, downloads and requests for information.
Access to Your Personal Information
Our Commitment to Privacy
To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to Jarvis employees. We does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information.
Links and Public Forums
Jarvis Software LLC.
1301 Fannin Street, Suite 2440
Houston, TX 77002
Phone: (888) 366-7726
Last updated September 12, 2017
© Jarvis Software LLC. All rights reserved.